U.S. Marshals Service Live Auction
12303 Vicksburg Dr, Edinburg, TX 78542 Directions
Preview: 11/16 8am-4pm; Live Auction 11/17 10am (Gates open 8am)
Facility Contacts: 832-799-7141, 832-642-3830.
This was inventory from our previous live auction. Most auctions for this location are conducted online. Click here to view current available online auction inventory!
All live auctions open to the public. No deposits! No fees! Free to Register!
Must be present to bid. Bidder registration will take place on site.
Participants must present a valid Drivers License. These auctions are conducted
with reserve amounts determined by the seizing agency and will not be disclosed.
VIN numbers not posted on any web publication per contract.
General Live Auction Information
(View "Information" tab at top of page for frequently asked questions)
To bid you must register at every auction. If you only intend on spectating, and do not wish to bid you still need to register. To register you will need a photo I.D. The registered bidder is only allowed two companions (no one under the age of 15 is allowed in the auction area). There is no deposit required to enter or place a bid. Registration prior to the day of the preview is not offered, but will be available the day of the preview as well as the day of the auction. Registration is conducted throughout the auction.
Purchases must be paid in full via cash (U.S. Currency), cashier’s check (payable to Apple Towing Co.), or check with current original bank letter of guarantee within ONE HOUR of the close of the sale. Bank letter must read: _________ is a customer of the bank, This bank will guarantee unqualified payment to Apple Towing Co. on account # ________ up to the amount of $________. No ‘Stop Payment’ will be issued regarding this transaction. This letter expires on_______. (Must be at least 10 days after the auction date). The bank letter needs to be provided at time of registration, then approved by the auctioneer. Auctioneer has final approval of acceptance. If you intend on paying with cashier’s checks and do not have a bank in close proximity to the auction location: bring several in different increments, and Apple Towing will write you a check for the difference.
We do not collect sales tax on vehicles sold. We do collect sales tax on surplus sold.
Removal of Vehicles:
All vehicles must be removed from the auction area after payment and title work is processed. If arrangements are made with a car carrier service to pick up the items at a later date, those arrangements need to be discussed with an Apple Towing representative. Vehicles that are left after the day of the auction and no arrangements have been made for them to stay, each vehicle will be booked into storage and charged commercial storage rates.
All items sold "As-Is, Where-Is":
Vehicles are auctioned “As-Is, Where-Is” with all faults, without warranty or guarantee either expressed or implied, as to the age, year of manufacture, make, model, condition or any other specification. Descriptions of vehicles, either written or oral, are furnished as a guide only. No guarantee as to the accuracy of the description is made. Some vehicles may have salvage only titles. Salvage only titles & Export only vehicles when known, are announced or noted on the vehicle. Absence of this disclosure does not constitute any warranty or guarantee.
All auctions conducted WITH RESERVE. All vehicles & surplus have a reserve amount determined by the contracting
seizing agency prior to the auction date and will not be disclosed. If a vehicle or surplus item does not meet the reserve amount, the contracting seizing agency has the right to pull the item at any time or announce its reserve for a final offer. The contracting seizing agency has the right to approve the final transfer of property to the successful bidder, even after the auctioneer states “sold”.
General Live Auction Terms & Conditions
(Finalized or sale specific Terms & Conditions will be given in the form of a flyer on auction day)
Use of this auction site marks your full and final acceptance of all Terms & Conditions listed by Apple Towing, Apple Auctioneering Co., and the contracting seizing agency.
1. This Agreement is a legally binding instrument between you and Apple Towing/ Apple Auctioneering Co, and describes your responsibilities in connection with your use of & or the live auction venue and, among other things, limits the liability of Apple Towing/ Apple Auctioneering Co. Please read all of this agreement carefully. You affirm that you are over 18 years of age and are otherwise capable of forming legally binding contracts, and that you agree to be legally bound and to abide by this agreement. If you are under 18 years of age, or are otherwise incapable of forming legally binding contracts, or do not agree with any part of this Agreement, you must not access or or participate in our live auction.
2. These assets will be auctioned AS-IS, WHERE-IS, WITH ALL FAULTS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO AGE, YEAR OF MANUFACTURE, MAKE, MODEL, ODOMETER, CONDITION OR ANY OTHER SPECIFICATION. DESCRIPTIONS OF VEHICLES, WRITTEN, PUBLISHED, OR ORAL ARE FURNISHED AS A GUIDE ONLY. NO GUARANTEE AS TO THE ACCURACY OF THE DESCRIPTION IS MADE. The Auctioneer shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defect in any lot and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance, refund or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, error in cataloging, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to have inspected thoroughly the merchandise and to have satisfied him or her as to its condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment solely. Apple Towing/ Apple Auctioneering Co. does not certify the accuracy of the information presented by any third party company that assist in the sale, and will not be responsible for any error made on their behalf. Some vehicles may have branded titles. Branded titles or odometer discrepancies when known, are announced, included in the description or noted on the vehicle. Absence of mention of branded titles or remarks does not constitute any warranty or guarantee.
3. These auctions are conducted with reserve. The contracting seizing agency reserves the right to approve the final transfer of property the successful bidder, even after the auctioneer states "sold" or after the auction lot closes. Apple Towing & Apple Auctioneering Co. does not/ will not disclose the reserve amount. In addition, the contracting seizing agency, Apple Towing Co. and Apple Auctioneering Co. retains the right to reject any bids for any reason or to make counter offers or accept back up offers at their sole discretion.
4. Apple Towing Co. / Apple Auctioneering Co. and the contracting seizing agency reserves the right to add/ delete vehicles to/ from the auction at any time.
5. Practices that eliminate competition, such as collusive bidding may warrant criminal, civil, or administrative action against the participant and may be referred to the Department of Justice.
6. All persons attending preparation, preview inspection, sale or removal of merchandise assume all risks whatsoever of any damage or loss to person and or property and specifically release the Apple Towing/ Apple Auctioneering Co and the contracting seizing agency of any and all liability. For live auctions: No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to enter the auction area. Each registered bidder may have 2 companions in the auction area. No oversized bags or electronics are allowed in the auction area.
7. Vehicles & Surplus not paid for within 1 hour of a live sale & 48 hours after an online sale may be resold without notice. If a buyer does not pay within the specified time frame, backs out, submits a check containing insufficient funds, or issues a "stop payment" that buyer will be banned from all future Apple Towing Co. / Apple Auctioneering Co. auctions and his/ her information will be submitted to the Department of the Justice. To the extent that the bidder is an individual acting on behalf of a corporation registered as the bidder, the individual bidder shall be jointly and severally liable with the corporation for payment of the purchase price. The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that no "stop payment" order shall be issued or honored. The Buyer further agrees that a stop payment order or a check returned marked "insufficient funds" shall be considered prima-facie evidence of intent on the part of the buyer to defraud the Auctioneer at the time of delivery of the check. Failure to make required payment or removal within time frames specified shall forfeit any right, title and interest buyer may have acquired. The property shall revert and repossess to the Seller without further notice to the Buyer. Any monies paid will be forfeited and the transaction will be null and void as to the Buyer.
8. Upon the sale of each lot, the Auctioneer announces the final sale price and successful Buyer's number. All questions or disputes regarding Buyer, lot identity, price or quantity must be resolved immediately upon the sale of said lot. No changes or adjustments will be made at any later time. The record of the sale kept by the Auctioneer and sale clerk will be taken as final in the event of any dispute. We reserve the right to video tape all live auctions.
9. All title documents and forms requiring the Buyer's signature must be signed immediately following payment of a live auction by the successful high bidder. For online auctions, all title documents and forms requiring the Buyer's signature must be signed by the successful high bidder under the registered name & submitted to the auction company within 24 hours from the time they are emailed. Failure to execute the documents within the time frame specified will result in the revocation of the Buyer's bidding privileges.
10. (Specific the the U.S. Treasury) Vehicles & merchandise must be removed by the following business day for all live auctions. For online auctions removal must be completed on or before the 7th business day (for domestic property/merchandise) after the sale date or the buyer will default the terms of sale and property/merchandise will be resold by U.S. Department of the Treasury. Said property/merchandise shall revert and repossess to the United States Government without further notice to the buyer and will result in any monies paid being forfeited and the transaction shall be null and void as to buyer. Storage arrangements after removal dates are solely between the buyer and storage vendor.
11. Limitation of Government Liability: Except for reasonable packing, loading, and transportation costs (such packing, loading, and transportation costs being recoverable only when a return of property at the Government's cost is specifically authorized in writing by the Contracting Officer or other costs authorized in writing by the Contracting Officer), the measure of the liability of the Government under any provisions of the terms and conditions in any case where liability of the Government to the Purchaser has been established shall not exceed the refund of such portion of the purchase price as the Government may have received.
12. Requirements to Comply with Applicable Laws and Regulations: It is the Purchaser's responsibility to ascertain and comply with all applicable Federal, State, local, and multi-jurisdictional laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to the registration, licensing, handling, possession, transportation, transfer, export, processing, manufacture, sale, use, or disposal of the property listed in the sales catalog. The Purchaser or user of this property is not excused from any violation of such laws or regulations either because the United States is a party to this sale or has had any interest in the property at any time.
13. False Advertising and Unfair or Deceptive Actions: The use of false or misleading advertisements in commerce or other unfair or deceptive practices are unlawful (15 U.S.C. 45, et. seq.). In disposing of any property purchased from the Government, purchasers should exercise extreme caution in preparing advertisements to ensure that they do not violate applicable Federal, state or foreign government laws.
14. The Buyer agrees that in any dispute between the Seller and the Buyer or between competing bidders arising in connection with any sale at the auction, the Auctioneer shall have the right but not the obligation to settle such dispute, and the Buyer shall abide by the decision of the Auctioneer, whose decision shall be final with respect to such matter. The Buyer further agrees to indemnify the Auctioneer for all liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses including attorney's fees incurred in connection with any such dispute or in connection with any claim, litigation, controversy, dispute or proceeding arising from any purchase of an article by the Buyer or from any subsequent sale of such article to any third party. Any contract resulting from this offering is subject to the Contract Disputes Act of 1978, Public Law 95-563. The current "Dispute" clause found in 48 U.S.C. 52.233-1 is hereby incorporated for reference. All requests for refunds or adjustments should be submitted to the Contractor.